Tampa Bay Area Counties Sandbag Locations Ahead Of Idalia
As we continue to monitor the progress of Tropical Storm Idalia, we urge Tampa Bay area residents to always stay prepared. As of 7pm Sunday evening, ABC Action News reports that the Tampa Bay area is under a hurricane and storm surge watch. But always remember Denis Phillips’ rule #7… Don’t freak out.
Below is information from our partners at ABC Action News on sand bag locations open to the public. We will keep this post updated with new information as it becomes available.
City of Tampa:
Sites open daily from 8am-7pm
- Himes Avenue Complex – 4501 S. Himes Avenue, Tampa, FL, 33611
- Al Barnes Park – 2902 N. 32nd Street, Tampa, FL, 33605
- MacFarlane Park – 1700 N MacDill Avenue, Tampa, FL, 33607 (Site between Maxwell and Renfrew)
Tropical Storm Idalia is expected to bring heavy rainfall & winds to our area.— City of Tampa (@CityofTampa) August 27, 2023
Prepare now! Register for Alert Tampa at https://t.co/K0FvBSlj1t. Double check your emergency supply kit and pick up free sandbags. ⬇️
📍4501 S Himes Ave
📍2902 N 32nd St
📍1700 N MacDill Ave pic.twitter.com/OUB8wFiTM2
Citrus County residents can visit either of the two self-serve sandbag sites starting Saturday to get their sandbags.
- Homosassa Community Park – 4210 S Grandmarch Ave., Homosassa, FL, 34446
- Bicentennial Park – 501 N Baseball Point, Crystal River, FL, 34429
Self-service sandbag locations
- John Chesnut Sr. Park – 2200 East Lake Road, Palm Harbor
- Walsingham Park – 12615 102nd Ave, Seminole
- Highlander Park parking lot – 903 Michigan Blvd Dunedin, FL 34698 (available Monday, August 28, 2023, from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.)
- Municipal Services Center – 300 Commerce Blvd Oldsmar, FL 34677 (available Monday, August 28, from 10 am to 3 pm)
- Kolb Park – 1507 Bay Palm Boulevard Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
(1/2) Sandbags will be available for unincorporated residents Monday, 12-6 p.m. at John Chesnut Sr. Park: 2200 East Lake Road, Palm Harbor & Walsingham Park: 12615 102nd Ave, Seminole. Sandbags limited to 10 per vehicle. ID required. pic.twitter.com/ca1BTa6QUT— Pinellas County (@PinellasGov) August 27, 2023
City of St. Petersburg
All sites will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Self-service sandbag locations
- Lake Vista Tennis Court Parking Lot – 12th St. S & 60th Ave. S
- Lakewood Sports Complex Parking Lot – 2001 Country Club Way S
- Grandview Park Parking Lot – 3734-3814 6th St. S
- Childs Park Pool Parking Lot – 1227 43rd St. S
- Campbell Park Shelter Area Parking Lot- 360 5th Ave. S (Adjacent to I-175)
- Azalea Athletic Fields Parking Lot- 1600 72nd St. N
- Walter Fuller Soccer Field Parking Lot – 2800 75th St. N
- Garden Club of St. Petersburg – 500 Sunset Dr. S
Full-service sandbag locations
- Northeast Park – 955 62nd Ave. NE
- Lake Maggiore Shelter Area – 3601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr. St. S
- Northwest Swimming Pool Parking Lot – 2331 60th St. N
A moment for our City crews 🙌.— St. Petersburg, FL (@StPeteFL) August 26, 2023
They’ve been working HARD in the heat
this weekend to get you proactively prepared w sandbags… and they’re still smiling!
Thank you for all you do! #WeAreStPete pic.twitter.com/meXSjylfxK
Sandbag stations are open 8am-5pm
- Linda Pedersen Park – 6300 Shoal Line Blvd., Spring Hill, FL, 34609
- Anderson Snow Park – 1360 Anderson Snow Rd., Spring Hill, FL, 34609
- Ridge Manor Community Center – 34240 Cortez Blvd., Ridge Manor, FL, 33523
- City of Brooksville DPW (open 24/7) – 600 S Brooksville Ave. Brooksville, FL 34601
Pasco County has three sandbag sites available at the following locations. All locations are self-serve and open 24 hours.
- Pasco County Public Works –30908 Warder Road, San Antonio, FL, 33576
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course –7223 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey, FL, 34653
- Former Dade City Police Department building – 38042 Pasco Avenue, Dade City, FL, 33525
Polk County is making sandbags available throughout the county at Roadway Maintenance Units Monday, August 28 only. Locations below will be open from 8 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Mulberry – 900 NE 5th St., Mulberry, (863) 519-4734
- Lakeland – 8970 N. Campbell Road, Lakeland (863) 815-6701
- Fort Meade – 1061 NE 9th St., Fort Meade (863) 285-6588
- Frostproof – 350 County Road 630A, Frostproof (863) 635-7879
- Auburndale – 1701 Holt Road, Auburndale (863) 965-5524
- Dundee – 805 Dr. Martin Luther King St. SW, Dundee, (863) 421-3367
- Poinciana Park – 5109 Allegany Road, Kissimmee 34759
If your location is not listed, please check your county/city website.