From reducing the risk of having a heart attack to discovering potential underlying health issues—donating blood has many health benefits for the donor as well.
- OneBlood Free wellness checkup. Each time you donate with OneBlood you’ll receive a free wellness checkup which includes blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and cholesterol screening.
- OneBlood COVID-19 Antibody testing. OneBlood is now testing all blood donations for the COVID-19 antibody.
- You may be less likely to have a heart attack. Donating regularly may help your blood flow and result in fewer arterial blockages. In fact, some studies have shown that men who donate at least three times a year can drastically reduce their risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Donating can keep your iron level balanced. Having too much iron in your blood can contribute to hardening of the arteries. When you donate blood, the amount of iron in your blood is reduced. The iron will be replenished by the food you eat after donating, but regular donations can balance your iron level.
- Make An Appointment To Donate COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma
- Make An Appointment To Donate Blood
- QUIZ: Test Your Knowledge On Blood And Plasma Donation