Tampa Bay Veteran’s Day Celebrations Cancelled Due To Nicole
Due to impacts of Tropical Storm Nicole, some Veteran’s Day celebrations around Tampa Bay have cancelled or rescheduled.. Every year on the anniversary of the end of World War 1, we celebrate Veteran’s Day. The day where we honor and acknowledge those who served in all wars. Many areas around Tampa Bay had ceremonies and parades, but Nicole had other plans. News Channel 8 reported that the impacts of Tropical Storm Nicole has forced many ceremonies to cancel or reschedule.
Tropical Storm Nicole made landfall as a Category 1 Hurricane early Thursday morning on North Hutchinson Island. By the time the storm reached Tampa Bay, it had downgraded to a tropical storm. However, ABC Action News has reported over 10,000 power outages in Pinellas and Hillsborough.
Here are the Veteran’s Day celebrations in Tampa Bay that have been cancelled or rescheduled, so far. We will update this post with more information as it becomes available.
- The Veterans Council of Hillsborough County has canceled the 58th annual Veterans Day Tribute scheduled for Friday at Veterans Memorial Park & Rear Admiral LeRoy Collins, Jr. Veterans Museum, located at 3602 U.S. 301 N. in Tampa.
- County staff and the council hope to reschedule a tribute at a later date.
- The Ruskin Veterans Day Parade has been canceled due to Tropical Storm Nicole, according to Ruskin Memorial VFW Post 6287.
- RESCHEDULED: Bay Pines VA has shifted the date for its annual Veterans Day ceremony, the first in-person celebration since 2019. The ceremony will now take place on Nov. 13 from 11 a.m. to noon at the C.W. Bill Young Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, located at 10000 Bay Pines Blvd, Bay Pines.
- Curlew Hills Memory Gardens, located at 1750 Curlew Rd in Palm Harbor, has canceled its Veterans Day ceremony scheduled for Friday.