If you are traveling over the holidays don’t forget to secure your home before you leave.
Here are some tips to make sure criminals don’t ruin your holiday cheer.
- Lock your windows and doors.
- Fake it! Set your indoor and outdoor lights to a schedule to turn on and off while you are away.
- Consider a home security system, may we suggest SafeTouch Security…
- Don’t post on social media that you are away on vacation. Criminals can be very social media savvy.
- Put your valuables away or hide them.
- Stop newspaper and mail delivery.
- Don’t leave spare keys outdoors, intruders are hip to the hide-a-key game.
Rachel PItts is a 20+ year radio veteran covers all things Philly for Beasley Media Group Philadelphia as the Digital Program Director. This includes 97.5 The Fanatic, WMMR, WMGK, 92.5 XTU and BEN FM. A graduate from the Universaity of South Florida with a Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications with a focus in Public Relations. Previously was the Digital Program Director for Beasley Media Group Tampa. Has been the co-host of "Theme Parks & Rec Podcast" and of the Tampa Bay Lightning backed podcast called, "Game Mizconduct".
Sign me up for the 98.7 The Shark email newsletter!
Join the Shark Tank for latest news on your favorite classic rock artists. As well as exclusive contests, concert pre-sale codes, and what's going on in Tampa Bay.