After weeks of being closed due to the spread of the coronavirus, the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino announced today the resort will reopen at 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 21 under new and stringent “Safe and Sound” program guidelines. How things will change:
- Restaurant venues including Hard Rock Cafe and Rise Kitchen & Deli will be open with social distancing requirements in place. About 200 of their 800 hotel rooms will be available. The events center remains closed.
- The casino will operate at 50% of it’s normal capacity.
- Instead of 8 people at a blackjack table, you could see a limit of 4.
- The casino is employing the AtmosAir™ bipolar ionization system designed to destroy virus particles in the air and on surfaces.
- Some machines will be turned off so that players don’t sit next to each other.
- Be prepared to get your temperature taken. Devices that will cost up to $20,000 each will be in place to determine if a visitor is well enough to enter.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations will be set up around the casino.
- Guests and workers must wear protective face masks. The casino will provide a mask if you don’t have one.
- You’ll see barriers up at tables and customer service areas.